Thursday 15 September 2011

Toy Library

We have only just recently become members of our local toy library, and I am already in love. What a fabulous idea!

Membership costs $10, and that lasts you a lifetime. Then every month that you borrow items, it is another $10. So this week, we borrowed, a big car (that makes lots of noises!), a wheely bug, and 3 puzzles. You can borrow items for 2 weeks, but I am thinking about swapping ours this week (would have only had it for a week).



After umming and ahhing about joining it, I am so glad I did, and I wish I had earlier. They have sooo many toys, and after already putting away so many toys of Lily's, I could have saved so much money (and cupboard space) if I had just borrowed it from the Toy Library.

If you are in Ballina, the details for the toy library are:

Ballina Toy Library
Regatta Ave (behind the library), Ballina
Tel: Anne on 6686 0275 or Mob: 0411 719074 for further information
   Opened:
   Saturday - 10am to 1pm
   Tues, Wed, Fri - 11am to 1pm
Life Membership $10 plus $10 per month for hire.
Community run service providing toys and games for babies and children aged 0 to 6 years.
Toy hire up to 3 items per fortnight.
*After hours toy hire by appointment only Tues, Wed & Friday
NEW: Party hire, pickup Friday drop back Tuesday ($1 per item)


If you aren't in Ballina, you can try to find a list of toy libraries here:

And for children with special needs, try looking up Noah Ark's Toy Library.
Here is a link for people in Sydney:

No comments:

Post a Comment