Wednesday 7 September 2011

Birthday!

Well, its almost been a week since my birthday, but I have only just had the time to sit down and write about it.

I had a terrific birthday, one of the best ones perhaps!

The "start" was not so great though. Lily probably had one of her worst sleeps in recent times, and woke up extra early too. Great! Just how mummies like to wake up on their birthday - overtired!

Starting the day early though, meant that we had more time to do things, so we cycled over to my mum's house using the new WeeRide that I got for my birthday (which I have to say is bloody brilliant! I will write more about this soon), and then heading out for breakfast/coffee at Shelly's by Shelley Beach - which seems to have become a birthday ritual now. No whales this year, but the weather was perfect, so perfect we went for a little play on the sand (and waves so it seemed) before heading home.


I wish everyday could be like this! (This is a photo of Lily leading mum to the water to wash her rocks, and subsequently falling in, and then having to spend the rest of her time at the beach in the nude)

I then picked up one of my friends and her son, and headed over to another friends house (who shares my birthday! Double the fun!!!) to wait for her daughter to wake up before heading to the House with No Steps (also known as Summerland House) in Alstonville. We ordered take away and sat in their fenced playground on a picnic rug eating our food, and watching the kids run around and return to eat something and then run away again. The bit that had them most intriuged was the "water park" which while it was on, they would watch in amazement, but while it was off (but still had some of the fountains trickling) they would splash around and try to catch the water, and other fun and wet activities. I wish I had gotten some photos of us, as well as the drenched little kiddies.

We finished the day there, with a coffee at the cafe, when another mum came to meet up with us with her son also. I think all the kiddies fell asleep in the car ride home!

Dinner was awesome! Mum cooked me my childhood favourite, mmmm... Chicken Corn! This is chicken breasts stuffed with bacon, shallots, garlic and creamed corn. I can't really imagine anything else you would use creamed corn for, but man this dish is YUM! Along with my childhood favourites, came along some of my oldest friends, who happened to have moved up this way too! <3

One of the good things about having weaned my daughter is that I can now have a couple of drinks. Woohoo! So we got in some bubbly, and some vodka, and I got to have a few drinks with my old friends too. Something I definitely have missed, but not so much the next morning!!! I don't think I remember getting so hungover with so little to drink before. Maybe I am just getting old :P

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maree , its Joey! Love your blog! I remember for my birthday .. i think it was for my 21st , you cooked chicken and corn for myself and all the guests. I didnt know it was a tradition for you!!
    =D =D

    ReplyDelete