Wednesday 25 May 2011

Mothers' Groups

I am contemplating writing to my local (parliamentary) member to try and set up a mothers' group for my local area. There wasn't one available when I had Lily, and I would have really loved it, as we don't know many people where we live. And I am sure it would have been good for Lily too.

In saying that though, I have had online mothers' groups, which I don't know how I would have survived without! With their support, funny stories, and friendship, these last 11 and a half months have seemed to fly by. Lily and I quite possibly wouldn't have had the relationship that we have now, and may not even be the people we are now. I was even part of some of these groups while pregnant, which also helped me with all my first pregnancy questions and discoveries.

Have you got a mothers' group that you are part of? What support systems do you have where you are? 

If you want to join an online mothers' group, there are a few places to start. You can look at joining one of these forums (although there are many more out there, so please feel free to suggest others if you use them):
(These forums are also good for support while trying to conceive, pregnancy, and throughout the life of your child, as they have a lot of different areas you can join in on, and ask for advice/support)

No comments:

Post a Comment