Sunday 17 July 2011

Online Shopping Carts, Breastmilk, and Mattresses on the Floor

A lot has been happening here in the 'tubbles' household.

I am going away for 2 days at the end of this week, for the first time ever, so we thought that we would try to wean our booby fiend so she wasn't so dependant on me. We have also decided to do it because we want to start trying for number 2. This has meant that weaning has been a whole bag of mixed emotions to say the least, and I am only talking about me! I was really sad that I wasn't able to spend this special time with Lily. I was upset at the thought that I was taking away something that she loved and found so much comfort in. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to let her self-wean, and that I was not able to either try to breastfeed through pregnancy, or tandem feed. I think most of all, I felt selfish. That I was 'giving up' for reasons that suited me. While I was quite saddened by it at first (who am I kidding? I still am a bit), I have actually started to feel 'better'. I seem like I am laughing more, and having more patience. I am not sure if this is actually to do with the breastfeeding, or whether it is because my lovely partner, Chris, has been on 'night shift' since we have decided to wean her.

Now, the second 'weaning' we are doing, is trying to transition Lily in to her own bed, as we have been happily co-sleeping the first 12 months of her life. We tried to put her in her cot, but once she realised it wasn't play time, she would get hysterically upset. So we tried to move it in to our room, right up against our bed. This made it seem even more novel, but no, no sleeping was to be done in this. So we decided to test a theory that our child just didn't like being 'in a cage'. We put her mattress on the floor and sat next to her bed. Happy times! She sleeps, and what is even better, she doesn't want feeds over night, and even better again, the wakes are occurring less often each night! I still miss my Lily cuddles overnight though, so luckily enough for me, when she stirs when daddy goes to work, she comes in to bed with me and we cuddle until its time to get out of bed <3

So, now that I have been taken out of the equation for the bedtime routine, it has given me more 'spare' time. Which now translates as 'playing around with shopping carts'. I have been trying and testing out new shopping cart programs for my website, so that I can get my new products up quicker, manage stock, and provide a better shopping experience for my customers. I am working with the wonderful Tracy from CookieCode to tweak all the areas and make sure it looks as beautiful as it possibly can. We will let you know when it is launched, and I would dare say that there will be discounts and maybe even a competition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment