Thursday 1 December 2011

Experimenting with paint

I thought, in the lead up to Christmas, Lily creating some artwork for family would be a cheap and sentimental idea, as well as a lot of fun.
I got out the 3 primary colours so Lily could experiment with mixing and colours changing. I think it was more fun exploring the feel of the paint first up though, as we ended up painting ourselves.

After she finished painting her body (which I prepared her for by putting a disposable nappy on her), she moved on to using the different sponges that I had laid out to move the paint around and make lines and "drawings" in the paint.



And much to my surprise, the "clean up" was just as much fun for Lily!


On a side note, it didn't really go to plan for the Christmas presents, as I couldn't find appropriate frames for her artwork... I will keep searching though!

No comments:

Post a Comment